My mother brought me from Almeria some beautiful peppers and immediately I decided to cook them stuffed and enjoy their look on the table. The problem is that my daughter doesn’t like peppers very much so after reading several recipes, I cooked my own version, that she liked very much.
250 grams minced meat
150 grams rice
3 ripe pear tomatoes
salt and pepper.
2. Boil the rice approximately ten minutes in water with salt. It’s better if it’s a little undercooked, as it later will be cooked in the oven.
3. While rice cooks, cut the onion in julienne strips and fry in a frying pan. When it starts getting brown, add the meat and the tomatoes peeled and chopped (better without the seeds). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Wash the peppers, cut the top (that you must keep) and remove seeds and threads. Place them on the baking dish.
5. When the rice and the meat are ready, mix them in a bowl and refill with it the peppers.
6. Cover every pepper with its top and cook in the oven about half an hour.