I finished my first jacquard sweater on time for Christmas. It has been a very hard work because of the changes I have done in the pattern, but I am very pleased with the final result and I have learned a lot.
My experience knitting jacquard was very limited so it has been useful to me for practising. I have gained skilfulness and I have obtained an even tension. In this technique the yarn must not be too loose or too tight and it’s very important to obtain a suitable elasticity. In addition, I have used different yarns because I wanted to waste those I already had; so neither the thickness nor the elasticity are the same and it is obvious in the result, another obstacle to get through. The off-white is Drops Flora colour 01 and the brown Abuelita Merino Three Ply colour 6845.
The original pattern is “Nordic Midnight“, from Drops. But as I use pretty thin threads (needles nº 2.75 and 3), I have had to modify it, both the number of stitches as the drawing. And the sleeves were very broad so I changed them totally.
I have knitted the sweater in the round up to the armholes and the jacquar two-handed, one for every yarn (English and continental style simultaneously). I have no idea whether it should be made this way or not, but it has been very quick. To close shoulders and armholes, I have used the kitchener stitch, which I like very much because it makes the seam invisible.
It has taken too long to make it, because I left the work during Summer as I cannot take the knitting needles on the planes. And besides I have repeated the sleeves three times (taking some breaks). But I enjoying very much the result.